Fall is our favorite season here at Milwaukee Coffee Co. Who's with us?
Up here in Milwaukee, the leaves are changing color, the weather is getting cooler, and we can finally break out all of our cozy sweaters. We spend our weekends cozying up to bonfires and traipsing through the pumpkin patch on a quest to find the most perfect pumpkin. What's not to love right?
And to really get us in the seasonal spirit, we love to enjoy that oh-so-delightful beverage that has become synonymous with fall over the years: the pumpkin spice latte.
PSLs, as they are more popularly referred to, feel like they literally take over the world every September. This popular coffee drink can be found at almost every coffee shop, from Starbucks to your local mom and pop cafe and you literally can't go to a coffee shop without seeing at least one person ordering one.
We have to admit, we're pretty big fans ourselves. There's just something about that combination of rich espresso, sweet pumpkin, and spicy cinnamon that gets us every time. On a crisp fall day, there's literally nothing better.
If you're looking to get your pumpkin spice fix on this fall, we've got the perfect recipe for you. This homemade pumpkin spice latte is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients, so you can enjoy all the flavors of fall without even having to leave your house. Pumpkin spice latte and sweat pants? Yes, please!
Plus, we'll give you some pro tips for how to make it even better.
1. Heat your milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally and being careful not to let it scorch.
2. While the milk is heating, mix together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and sugar in a small bowl.
3. When the milk is hot, froth it using an immersion blender or a frothing wand if you have one.
4. Add the espresso or coffee to the milk and then whisk in the pumpkin mixture until everything is well combined.
5. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Here are some of our best pro tips for making the perfect pumpkin spice latte.
We hope you enjoy this delicious fall beverage as much as we do! Tell us what you think in the comments!
**This post contains affiliate links. When you buy something using the affiliate links in our posts, we may earn a small commission.